Monday, June 14, 2010

Sacred Heart Medical Center at River Bend

I thought some of you might like to see the hospital my dad is in. (I didn't take this picture. I borrowed it from here.) It's an amazing facility! He's on the fourth floor in the right-hand section. As one lady put it yesterday, "I feel like I'm walking into a ski lodge when I come in here. I keep expecting someone to offer me coffee and Irish cream." On Saturday, there was a recital in the lobby. A number of kids with amazing voices sang. We happened upon it by chance on our way to the cafe, which is also really nice.

I was going to post my dad's address, but I just talked to my mom and it's looking like they may be releasing him as early as Wednesday! We're not going to hold our breath, but there's talk of it anyway. =)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Merrick's mom worked there. She just retired two weeks ago. We visited a few times and agree that it's a nice one. Glad your dad is at least in a comfortable place and you get to visit a nice place when you go see him.