Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eight months

Dear Judson,

Today you are eight months old. I cannot believe how fast time is going, and I'm so very thankful that I get to spend each day with you. Your daddy and I love you more than we thought possible.

This past month has been one of incredible change for you. For starters, you finally rolled from your back to your stomach (the day after you turned seven months old). I knew for a month or so that you could do it if you wanted to because you would roll up onto your side but never all the way over. I was right. Once you finally did it, you just kept rolling and rolling.

Other big milestones this month included your two bottom teeth coming in (without any noticeable fussiness) and you starting to "dance" to music. When you're sitting and I turn on music, you excitedly bounce up and down while pumping your fists in the air. I could seriously watch it all day.

It seems like every couple of days you're doing something new. It's such an exciting time for all of us! Yesterday you figured out how to drink from a straw. Two weeks ago, when Granddad had open heart surgery and we spent five days at the hospital, you learned to wave because all of the nurses and CNAs who came into his room waved at you. I love how you hold your little hand out with your fingers to the side.

Another big accomplishment this month has been you learning to fall asleep on your own. The first night of you crying it out nearly broke my heart, but I knew it was going to be best for you in the long run. The second night was so much better, and you didn't wake up until 5:00 am! When that sleeping-through-the-night trend didn't continue, I decided you needed to cry it out when you wake up in the middle of the night too. You only cried briefly when you woke up two nights ago, and then last night you slept until 5:00 am without any middle of the night crying. You probably would've slept longer, but I opened the door to check on you and you started stirring. I'm really hoping we're on the right track with your sleeping. Time will tell...

Though you are still a baby, you seem more and more like a "big boy" all the time. I hate the thought of you not being a baby for much longer, but I am so excited to watch you grow and experience the world. I love you, Mister Man!

Love,
Your Mama


Trying out a new chair from Auntie M and Uncle Justin

Verdict: It's pretty comfy =)

Sweaty after a long day in the sun

Cuddling with Daddy- the perfect end to a day

No comments: