Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Dad

This will have to be quick, but I wanted to ask for prayers for my dad, Jim. He had a "mild to moderate" heart attack on Monday night. Once he was stable, he was ambulanced to Eugene, where they have a terrific cardiovascular hospital. The doctors have determined that he needs to have open heart surgery tomorrow morning. They'll do a triple bypass and one valve replacement. Though this is all rather scary, we're just so thankful for a second chance. (At 64, he's older than his dad, mom, or brother lived to be. Both his mom and brother died of heart attacks.) He'd been seeing a cardiologist in Eugene for a number of months; we're not quite sure how they missed this...

Anyway, thank you so much for your prayers. I'll do my best to keep this updated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Travis and I have been praying. We will continue! God bless the doctors in charge!