Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's a Boy!!

Porter Michael Moody joined our family (EIGHT looooong days after his due date!) on Thursday, January 23rd at 7:52 am.  He weighed eight pounds even and was 21 inches long.  He's just the sweetest, sleepiest little guy!  Judson and Cooper are excited about him, but are definitely acting out, too.  Change is hard!

Anyway, I will share his birth story later.  It's a good one...filled with God working out lots of details.  But, for now, I will leave you with  a couple of short stories and a lot of pictures.  :)

When Judson walked into the hospital room after Porter was born, he said, "I get to name the next baby we have!  I do NOT like his name."  It sort of cracked me up.  We'd mentioned the name a couple of times, but Judson was always too busy trying to give his input to listen.  When they came back later that afternoon, he walked in and said, "I like Porter's name."  Phew!  :)

Cooper spent the first few days saying, "What that tiny baby's name?" and then she'd proceed to call him Quarter.  Funny kid.  She can say Porter, but still doesn't unless we say it first.  She mostly calls him "that tiny baby" or "our baby."  Her favorite jobs are to get his binky and to take diapers to the garbage can.

My mom is still here (praise God!), so we're doing well.  Porter has been sleeping like a champ, which I'm hoping will continue. 

"Thank you" to everyone who has been praying for us!  We feel those prayers and we appreciate them very much!

And now, for what you really came to this blog for...  (I know this is SO MANY pictures.  There are about a hundred others I'd love to share.  This third child will not be undocumented! :)

Pictures from our birth photographer (a friend from church):








Less than two hours after his birth...so happy to have him out after an unmedicated, face-up birth!!

Pictures from our camera:
Cooper had called our baby a pretend baby the day before and I was starting to agree with her.  It took a lot of convincing on my mom's part for Cooper to believe the baby was actually out.  Once she did, she was ready to go to the hospital immediately and didn't like waiting for everyone else to get ready.  Of course, once they got there, she was quite apprehensive...



"It's a boy!"




All of my parents' grandchildren, ages 4, 3, 2, 1, and five hours


Macy was the first kiddo to hold Porter.





Loving the warming table during his sponge bath

First outfit



While I took a shower earlier, Nate had gone to the gift shop for the Beaver hat and booties.  :)

Family of five!



OH. MY. GOODNESS!!  I love this one!

Birthday snuggles for me :)


Okay, that should tide some family members over for a few days.  Hopefully I'll be back soon with more pictures.  :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I just scrolled through these pictures with Claire and she said, "Oh man. I really like their baby!"

Congrats again you guys. He is perfect.