Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas 2013

We headed to my parents' around lunchtime on Christmas Eve.  The kids were SO excited to see all of their decorations, especially Papa's Christmas train.  We went to my parents' new church at 5:00 for the family service.  All four kiddos did great.  It helped that the entire service was only 45 minutes.  Perfect!

Mom had lasagna cooking in the oven while we were gone, so dinner was virtually ready when we got home.  Also perfect.  :)  Cooper had had a terrible nap, but was holding up fine until we got home from church.  Then she was super lethargic and wouldn't let me put her down.  Right as we sat down to dinner, she made a funny noise and I quickly covered her mouth with the bib I had in my hand.  Good call.  Poor baby threw up.  (Everyone was pretty impressed with my reflexes.  :)

I was certain I'd be up all night with her and that we were going to pass a stomach bug through the whole family, but thankfully I was wrong.  She only woke up once that night (when her fever returned) and she was good to go the next morning.  Thank you, Lord!

We had a low-key, wonderful Christmas Day.  My kids waited fairly patiently for Morgan's family to come over to do stockings.  Then we ate breakfast and moved to the "quilting barn" to do presents.  (Dad and Nate had set up a fake tree out there so it still felt Christmasy.)  Overall, the day was much less crazy than I'd anticipated.  Yay!

Watching the Christmas train go around the grill room.  It was really cold in there, so sometimes they just watched through the sliding door.  Usually Judson was in the grill room, though.

Almost time for stockings...!


Showing off her bling.  :)

Torturing Macy with a head massager.

Judson's turn.




Dad's new cooler for his pool.  :)




I knew this would be a hit and I was right.  Once he opened this puppy "guitar,"  he just wandered around playing it and tapping his foot.  SO CUTE!!



Awake from his nap and ready for some action!





Christmas dinner table



Jesus' birthday cake...a sherbet roll, which was quite a hit, since it was a very light dessert.




The kids were on their way to bed when I realized we didn't have a single family picture for the season, so this is what we got.  :)


No comments: