Monday, February 24, 2014

Watery Winter Fun

Last Sunday night was SUPER stormy.  It poured all night, the wind howled, and unknown objects crashed about outside.  Between the storm and the babe, I didn't sleep much.  :)

Mid-morning on Monday, I realized the sun had come out and quickly (ha!) got everyone ready to go outside.  Judson wanted to use the hose and was not happy when I said he couldn't.  He said he wished it was summer.  I agreed (except that I don't want to rush these next months with Porter).  Anyway, I can't remember what we played, but it was probably the usual - basketball and/or soccer and/or golf.  Eventually, we ended up down by one of the outbuildings and there was a huge puddle.  The kids threw rocks into it forever and had a blast.  Their shoes kept going a little deeper and a little deeper into the water and Judson finally ran back to the house to get their rain boots. 

After awhile, I noticed that our seasonal pond in our field was full, so I suggested we walk out to look at it.  Judson wanted to swim in it, but I wasn't about to let that happen (it's like a huge hole, so was actually over my head due to all the rain, but that's not the only reason I wouldn't let him swim, of course ;). 

Judson had had to wade through a big puddle in the field on the way to the pond, but Cooper and I walked through the woods because I didn't have boots on.  She decided to walk with Judson on the way back.  One thing led to another, and this was the result.  It was SO worth it, though.  They hadn't laughed that hard or had that much fun in awhile.  We didn't eat lunch until after one because we were out there so long.  And then I spent all afternoon doing muddy laundry and cleaning their boots...  :)

Her first time to do something like this, I think.

The water wasn't muddy when they started playing...


See those trees in the back (in front of the huge ones)?  That's where we got our Christmas tree.




So, as it turned out, Judson got to play in water after all.  Some things never change (click here for Judson's first "puddle-in-a-field" fun.  :)

No comments: