Friday, May 13, 2011

The best day of Judson's life

Okay, so I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip to the barn during Easter weekend.  It was a beautiful day and my mom, Judson, and I took full advantage of it.  Judson especially, as you will see.  The barn (and animals) are on the other side of my parents' ranch, so we drove over there.  Judson thought the chickens and kitties were fun, but was most enamored with the "tractors" (he calls all types of equipment "tractor").





He was interested to see one of the cows who'd just had twins...until a cow behind him "mooed" and scared him.  After the cows, we had to walk to the lower fields to see the sheep and their lambs.  I carried all 33 pounds of him the whole way, as he was still carrying on about the cow.  :)





All of a sudden, as we were walking along in the field, we stepped into this invisible-to-the-naked-eye huge marshy area and there was water covering our shoes.  Judson fell and I took a picture because he was wet.  Ha!  Little did I know...

We continued walking, and just as my mom said something about the fact that he'd probably fall again, Judson fell into an even bigger "puddle."  He was SO happy!   And I was so thankful to have my camera to capture this special time for him...and thankful that he just got wet, not muddy.

Yes, there are a ton of pictures here.  I took A LOT more than this, however.  I think you'll agree it was a picture-worthy event.  :) 





Sitting in the "puddle"
 


One of the many times he fell as he ran around.  You can see how much he hated it.  :)
Look at that water pouring off of him!








He probably played for fifteen to twenty minutes before we hauled him away, kicking and screaming.  Literally.  It was not a fun walk through two fields and up the hill.  I had to carry him the whole way because we'd stripped him naked and wrapped in my jacket.  The flailing to get out of my arms was what just about did me in... It was totally worth the trouble, though! (And, thankfully the drive back to my parents' is short, because he was N.A.K.E.D. in his car seat.  Never thought I'd let that happen...)








No comments: