Sunday, February 9, 2014

Two (and a half) weeks in...

As usual, time is flying by way too fast.  And my newborn is looking less so every day.  Those darn Moody genes, which create giant children! ;)  I will know just how big Porter is tomorrow, as we have his two week appointment.

After a few nights of one 4 to 4.5 hour chunk of sleep, we're back to a three hour chunk (if I'm lucky) and then more frequent wakings as the night progresses.  Last night was especially bad.  I went to bed way too late (I blame the Olympics) and only got an hour and forty-five minutes straight and a few shorter chunks.  I'm so glad it's Sunday (and church was canceled because of this crazy storm!), so Nate could take Porter and let me get another two hour chunk of sleep.  I'm honestly NOT complaining.  I'm just documenting.  By child number three, I know how fast this will go.  And I LOVE the newborn stage, so I'm trying to enjoy it to the fullest.  (Not that I enjoy being up half the night with a baby who wakes up almost every time I try to lay him down.. :)

Other random things I want to remember about this time:
  • Early on, Cooper would tell us to "Be very shhhhh" when Porter was sleeping.  I really need to get a video of her tip-toeing up to check on him.  It's just about the cutest thing ever.
  • Porter has done some projectile spitting up a few times, but so far is spitting up less than his siblings, I think.  I can't remember exactly when the excessive spitting up started with the other two, but I'm sure it's coming with this one, too.
  • He had his first diaper blow-out this morning, though we had plenty of pee-up-the-back the first week.  
  • As of the past few days, he's nursing ALL.THE. TIME.  I am very interested to see what his weight will be tomorrow.  
  • This week was my first "flying solo" with all three kids.  Well, for three days anyway.  My kids have been snowed in with my parents since Thursday, but that's another post.  The beginning of the week went surprisingly smoothly.  Both Judson and Cooper were very patient when I had to attend to Porter.  (When Cooper was a baby, I got very good at nursing on the go, so at least I have that going for me.  :)
 I may have to come back and edit this list later, because that's all I can think of right now.  I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting some things I wanted to mention.

And, now, for pictures from week two...

First real bath

Looking a little unsure, but he was perfectly happy.

Cooper loved helping pour the water over him.

Uncle Justin

While we were getting ready for church last Sunday, Cooper pulled a chair out of the playroom and started "reading" to Porter.  Sweetest thing ever!


Isn't she adorable?!

She had to hold up this (bigger) book with her feet.

First tummy time...only because Judson requested it.  We'd recently looked at pictures from when he and Cooper were babies and talked about tummy time.




These pictures crack me up...I was trying to get a good "two weeks old" one.



Filling out!

Porter and Rosa.  I guess Cooper thought he looked lonely.  :)



    No comments: