Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Buena Vista Ferry

Judson recently became fascinated with a ferry in one of his many "Things That Go" books.  Nate decided it'd be fun to take the Buena Vista ferry, which is only about fifteen minutes from our house.  I've only ever taken ferries in Washington over large bodies of water, so I couldn't imagine what a ferry across the Willamette would be like.  The whole experience cracked me up.  Originally I asked Nate how he knew when the ferry ran.  I was thinking it'd be every half-hour or something.  Ha!  I think it just crosses the river whenever someone shows up.  It was actually quite busy that day, because there was a garden tour going on in Buena Vista.  (I didn't even know there was a town by that name around here.)  Our $3 ride took two minutes tops, and then we had a fun picnic at a little boat launch, which was also quite busy.
 
There it is on the other side.

Close-up.  I think only two cars fit per lane.

Mid-diaper change after our picnic







No comments: