Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A bike ride

Nate's training for the Hood to Coast Relay at the end of August, so I decided to take the bike trailer out the other night while he ran.  (He often runs before he comes home from work.  We live in such a hilly area - with no shoulders on the road - that running from here isn't easy.  And biking with the trailer is impossible.)  We went out to Minto Brown Park, which we do once a summer.  Click here and here to see the past two years.  It's not like it's that hard to do or anything, but we rarely get out there.  I always think we'll do it more, but it just doesn't happen.

We didn't have a helmet for Cooper yet and they were out of the baby girl helmets.  (The baby boy one was just too ugly.)  So her helmet is a little big.  I figured she won't probably wear it many more times this summer and then it will still work for next year (and beyond).  My babies have big heads, so the helmet is too big, but not nearly as big as it would be on most ten month olds.  :)

It was her bedtime by the time we really got going, and she cried every time I stopped.  But overall she held up really well, especially considering the helmet was usually covering her eyes.  The experience could've been a lot worse.

As I was riding along, I heard a sweet little voice say, "Do you want to hold hands?"  Totally melted my heart, because it was a little out of character for our guy.  He's much more likely to use a drumstick on Cooper's head or douse her with the hose when I run inside to get him a granola bar.  Oh, yes.  Both of those things happened last week.  He obviously loves her, but he's a two year old boy and doesn't often show it.  :)  Anyway, as soon as I stopped to take a picture, he let go.  The last picture is a reenactment.  :)








No comments: