Friday, June 29, 2012

Strawberry picking

Sorry about my absence.  I wish I could say it was because we've been out enjoying terrific weather, but that would be a big, fat lie.  We have had a few days of sun and seventy-something degrees, but mostly we've had gray days.  Ugh.  Okay, sorry.  Enough whining.

We went strawberry picking a few weeks ago, and Becky and Mandy both agreed to come along.  They were life-savers.  I would have ended up with about a pound of strawberries if it wasn't for them.  As it was, I ended up with sixteen pounds and they split about that many.  Not bad, all things considered.  (I made two batches of freezer jam and froze the rest for "smoovies," as Judson says.)

Judson was funny.  He didn't want anyone to eat any berries.  He ate about two total and only when I told him to try them.  He spent most of his time pouring berries out of our buckets and into his. 

MUD!!  Thankfully it only ended up on his boots.


I got the hat for a quarter at a consignment store.  Pretty cute, huh?!

Picnic lunch for the littles.



Cooper took about an hour-long nap in the stroller, which was exceedingly helpful.

If you want to see the difference a year makes, feel free to check out last year's expedition here.

No comments: