Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mother's Day

I just realized I uploaded these pictures but never posted them.

We had a fun Mother's Day.  It was a gorgeous, hot day (around 90*).  Poor Cooper wasn't feeling her best (she'd had a fever off and on since Friday...teething?), but held up so well.  We skipped church since I didn't want to put her in the nursery if she was sick, and we'd planned to go to the zoo.  It was CRAZY and we couldn't find a parking spot, so I suggested we head to the playground at Washington Park (which the zoo is a part of).  I'm still unaccustomed to how busy fun places in cities are on holidays.  I honestly thought the zoo might be slow on Mother's Day.  :)

The playground was busy, too, but Judson had fun and we ate our picnic lunch there.  A family was selling ice cream bars to raise money for the Oregon Food Bank, so we had a treat and then decided to ride the train to the zoo.  Judson's never ridden the train at the zoo and I've been wanting to take him. This was even better!  It was a fifteen minute ride through the woods and then wound through the zoo a bit.  It was late enough that we decided to not even get off at the zoo, and I don't think we could've gotten Judson off if we'd wanted to.  :)  After our thirty-five minute train ride, we headed to my parents' and had a fun afternoon and evening there.  Judson slept most of the afternoon...




Nate was trying to get Judson to look like he was a bull rider, but he was not understanding.

Got it!  :)
Waiting for the train.

Tired girl, who refused to sleep

So excited!



Mt. St. Helens behind the tree





Mt. Hood was visible behind them...

There it is...barely.

No comments: