Friday, September 16, 2011

One week update on the wee one...and the rest of us too

I WILL get the birth story post done soon, but thought I should give a bit of an update on how things are going.  I think I'll do it in bullet format so I don't have to work too hard on transitions and such.  :)
  • Cooper is a fantastic eater and was from the first time she tried...about ten or fifteen minutes after she was born.  So, it did not surprise me one bit that she was already back to seven pounds at her appointment on Tuesday.  (Doctors like babies to be back to their birth weight by two weeks of age.  She was only two ounces off at 3.5 days old.)
  • Cooper doesn't like to be swaddled.  My mom pointed out that she has great control of her arms and hands.  She never flails or startles herself awake.  After she said that, I realized that maybe she wasn't sleeping very well at night because she didn't like being swaddled.  (She was sleeping really well during the day while she wasn't swaddled.)  The next two nights she slept 6.5 hours straight!  Glorious!  That was not the case last night, but it was sure nice to get a solid chunk of sleep for two nights.
  • I feel terrific!  I honestly never felt like I'd just given birth and after a week, I'm practically back to normal.  Well, almost.  Minus the sleep deprivation.
  • Judson continues to be very sweet to Cooper.  He often says, "Hi, Miss Cooper," and sometimes he'll look at her and say, "Cuuuuute."  :) 
  • He and my mom play this game where he'll say, "Nooze {snooze,}" and she'll pretend to sleep and then he'll say, "Awake!" and she'll wake up.  Well, he says, "Awake!" a lot to Cooper, but it never wakes her up.  :)
  • My mom will be here until Monday afternoon.  I'm already dreading her leaving.  She has helped us out tremendously, with housework, cooking, and mostly loving on Judson.  The hardest part about her leaving will be how devastated he is.  I'm pretty sure he thinks she's here for good.  :)
I think that's it for now.  Enjoy the new pictures.

First bath at home





First trip to the park


Fuzzy hair after a bath
Testing out some of Cooper's new toys

No comments: