Sunday, June 12, 2011

Funny kiddo

Most of us can agree that little kids say the funniest things.  Though Judson is only speaking in two-word phrases at this point, he's already saying some pretty cute things.  At least his parents and grandparents think so.  :)

When we were in Colorado, he was able to convince my mom to let him try whatever she was drinking.  (At home, we usually only have water and milk, so he was very intrigued by juice and iced tea.)  One night she was having wine with dinner and he wanted some.  She said something like, "Wine isn't for babies," and then we went on with whatever conversation we were having.  Pretty soon, he asked for it again and she said, "What did I tell you, Judson?"  He got a serious look on his face and said, "No, no," in the same tone he uses for the cat when Moses jumps on the table.  It was awfully cute...and impressive, too, since he had to translate what she'd said to him the first time.  :)

One other drink story happened the other day.  He likes to say "coffee" now when he sees Nate or me drinking it.  The other day I took my coffee outside while he played.  When it was time to come in, I let him carry my mug.  (Needless to say, it was not one I cared about.)  There was one drop of coffee left in there, and of course he drank it.  I asked him if it was "icky" and he said, "Mmm.  Good."  Funny kiddo, indeed.

No comments: