Monday, April 18, 2011

Crash and Burn

Judson had his first major crash at Logan Nelson's birthday party on Saturday.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  In fact, there have been numerous close calls on our pavement, but he's surprisingly surefooted and has managed to stay on his feet more often than not.

I don't even know how it happened on Saturday.  I was right there and he was playing with all sorts of fun toys.  Then next thing I knew, I saw his face hit a paver that was edging the lawn.  The skin was scraped off the side of his nose, there was blood, and his mouth was full of dirt.  Once I got him cleaned up, I noticed his head - a big, scraped up goose egg.  He let me put ice on it off and on for a few minutes.  But after about five minutes, he was ready to play again.  No one can accuse him of being a wimp.


I didn't take my camera to the party, so didn't get any pictures until yesterday.  These aren't very good, but you get the idea.  He does look sort of pitiful.



No comments: