Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Our trip to Colorado

The kids and I flew to Colorado with my mom the last week of June.  As usual, we had a great time visiting with my aunt, Fleeta.  I am so thrilled that my kids are getting to make memories with one of my favorite people in the world!

It was REALLY hot, so the kids and I spent many mornings at the park, trying to beat the heat while my mom got Fleeta ready.  It didn't really work.  One day we headed out at 8:30 and it was already 86*. :)  The next day we went to McDonald's play area.  I almost froze in there and was practically begging Judson to stand outside with me for a few minutes.  :)

One of the highlights of our trip was a little surprise party we threw for Fleeta.  (We headed home a week before her birthday, so it was an early birthday celebration.)  The kids loved it...Judson picked out race car cups and fun napkins and they both picked out a balloon.  Gotta love the Dollar Tree for that sort of thing! :)  Fleeta doesn't eat any sweets of any kind, so we ate mint Klondike bars in her honor.  Cooper still sings "Happy Birthday to Fif ("Feef")" nearly every day.

Here are lots of pictures...

Cooling off with a giant smoothie.

We loved this park...lots of shade and some unique toys.

Judson would throw the ball into that contraption until the sweat was pouring off of him.  Unfortunately, he kept wanting me to play, too.  I'm a wimp in heat these days!

Picnic lunch in Fleeta's yard




Anticipating a jump by her brother...


This is Fleeta's only TV...it's for DVDs.  Some evenings these three would watch something while we got dinner ready. 



This little lady sure is a character!


We had to have candles, of course!




Love, love, LOVE this one!

Fleeta's ramp is VERY fun to play on!

Watching the horn-blowers.



Presents

Over the Arkansas River


Cooper does great in big kid swings!  My only concern was her dozing off and letting go.  :)

No comments: