Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, but thought I'd share today's fun first.  Our friend Joani passed on their tulip festival season pass and we hadn't had a chance to use it until today.  Lisa and her girls were able to meet us, which was a huge treat, since Ella's in school now and we rarely get to see them.  The festival ends on Sunday, so the flowers weren't at their best, but we still had a great time in the SUNSHINE.  Thank you, Lord!

We got there about an hour ahead of the Andrewjeskis, so had lots of fun playing while we waited.  Cooper even rode a pony!  She was pretty fascinated by them, and I was so excited to have a child who would be brave enough to do it that I happily paid the $5 for her to go around sixteen times.  I didn't even have to walk along with her!  So fun!

We did more playing with Ella and Emilie and then had a picnic and explored the fields.  Ems was pretty shy, but Judson and Ella played and were so cute together.  At the end, we rode the "cow train" and all of the kids were thrilled.  What a perfect day!



A slide made of rollers...quite the bumpy ride.  Yes, I'm speaking from experience.  It was tall and I didn't want Cooper to try it alone.







Starting to slide off the side...


Duck "races" (Emilie is five days older than Judson)

Ella is almost seven and I cannot believe it.  Where DOES the time go?!




I asked Cooper to join the big kids and she immediately headed right over...

...but wouldn't get closer than this. :)











The cow train was super bumpy, so this is the best I could do with Mt. Hood.  I should have taken one when we were walking.

1 comment:

Joani said...

Yay! I'm glad you went & had fun. What a beautiful day. And somehow we missed that pink tractor...not sure how!