Thursday, November 29, 2012

More exciting news

I started to upload some very cute pictures yesterday, but was told I'm out of space.  Bummer.  Since I don't want to spend $2.50 a month for more space, I'm weighing my options.

For now, I wanted to share some big news.  Phil (Nate's brother) and Bridgett found out on Tuesday that they get to adopt an eighteen month old girl named Kristin.  I believe she's been in the same foster home for her entire life and it sounds like it's been a good one.  Phil and Bridgett will go to Hermiston next Thursday (the 6th) to meet her and begin the process of bonding.  They will be there as long as it takes to get her ready to leave her foster parents.  Even as I type this and as excited as I am, the thought of her being taken out of the only family she knows breaks my heart.

The biological father is fighting for custody, but is mentally handicapped, so it seems unlikely he'll get it.  Phil and Bridgett have agreed to continue to take Kristin to visit him, and they hope eventually the foster parents will want to see her again.  (Right now the foster parents think it would be too confusing for Kristin.  Obviously it would be at first, but not forever.)

If you would please pray for all involved, it would be very much appreciated.  There are bound to be some very tough times ahead, but Phil and Bridgett are THRILLED to finally be parents and if anyone is cut out for this type of situation, it's those two.

I'll post pictures of her as soon as I can.  She's very cute!

1 comment:

Joani said...

That is so exciting! And I'm out of space and weighing options, too, although I thought it was $2.50/mo?