Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Robot Party

We had Judson's party this afternoon and I'm already blogging about it!  There are two reasons for this.  I'm avoiding the clean up and I took so few pictures that it won't take long.  :)  (Really, though, I'm sad I didn't get more pictures.  It's just so crazy once things are in full swing.)

After Cooper's multiple parties, I was a little burned out on party planning.  Judson had been requesting a robot cake for about six months, and I had confirmed with Bridgett that we were both planning on the same day, so I was pretty content to let the cake be it.  Well, actually, I wanted to do a little more, but only if it didn't require much time or effort.  :)

Thankfully I found a huge sheet of adorable robot stickers (as opposed to Transformer-type robots) at Dollar Tree yesterday.  Judson and I made "Robot Fuel" out of juice pouches.  It was fun and he thought they were SO COOL.  :)  That's really all that mattered to me.

The party went well.  I was a little apprehensive, because it's so many people to cram into our tiny house (seventeen adults and seven kids).  We encouraged the kids to play in Judson's and Cooper's bedrooms, which kept a little of the chaos out of the living room.  I had wrapped a coloring/activity book for each guest child (in cute robot paper :) to open while Judson opened his gifts, and that worked really well.

As usual, Bridgett's cake was perfect. The pictures turned out well, but it was even cuter in person.

All in all, the party was a huge success.  Judson had lots of fun, and we were once again blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love him (and the rest of us, too)!



We put the extra stickers on the cups for the adults.


How cute is he?!?!  You can't tell, but he had one blinking light on his head and three down his body (in the yellow and black circles).  The lights alternated colors and speeds, so it really was very robot-like.  Everyone was once again amazed by Bridgett's talent!

Excuse the food on her face.  I have to document the new face she makes when she spots the camera.  :)


This was during the birthday song.  The poor guy was not a big fan of all the attention, but he handled it well.

In addition to the cake, he helped himself to one of the robot's arms that had fallen off. 

1 comment:

JuliAnn said...

Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe they're both THREE already!!! Your pictures look really good with your lens!