Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cooper's Birthday Party

I know, I know.  Old news by now, but I have a good excuse.  My kids and I just spent nine days in Colorado with my mom and my aunt.  So fun!

Anyway, Cooper's "real" party was the weekend after her birthday.  We did an owl theme.  I had  looked at ideas on Pinterest and gotten totally overwhelmed.  Some people really go all out for birthday parties!  Sheesh!  Anyway, eventually I found these cute paper lantern owls and knew they were something I could handle.  Plus I knew Bridgett would make a super cute cake to match.  :)

Cooper's party was a lot of fun.  The weather was gorgeous, which meant most of the festivities took place outside.  Summer birthdays are definitely the way to go.  :)

The only snafu was that the much-anticipated owl cake didn't show up.  Bridgett thought the party was the following day (probably because Cooper's birthday was on a Sunday).  I was bummed, but things worked out.  At the last minute, Nate and Paul rushed to Safeway for a cake.  Thankfully, it was DELICIOUS.  Unfortunately, by cake time, Cooper was so tired that she just wanted to go to bed.  All in all, it was a great day spent celebrating our sweet girl.

Aren't they cute?!
 
The birthday girl in her play outfit.  She gets clothes SO dirty SO fast these days!




So happy!

Nate, Jeremy (Nelson), Morgan

Paul, Mandy, Justin

Judson and Papa

Anna (and baby!), Jessica, my mom, Macy, Logan, and Max




The "official" party shirt :)


She will not stay in one place!  :)










These two are going to be such good friends!






At least it had her name on it.  :)





Tired girl.


"Just put me to bed, already!"



No comments: