Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We had lunch with Becky and Mandy (at work) today.  Judson refused to put on his costume until candy was visible.  Then a little box of "Nerds" did the trick.  The costume went on and stayed on.  I had recently told someone that there was about a 99% chance that it would never go on.  (He'd refused to put any of it on until lunchtime today.)  Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled.  :) 

We haven't done anything for Halloween up until this point (Judson's always refused to wear a costume), but dressing up is so much fun!  Next year I'll have to get in on the action, I suppose.  Tonight we're off to Corvallis to go to Calvary Chapel Corvallis' big harvest carnival at the fairgrounds with Josh and Crystal Nelson and their two kids.  We're looking forward to it, and hopefully I'll have some more pictures to post.

In terms of costumes, I'd tried to get Judson to pick a different one (at Costco...they have the neatest costumes!).  But the sword was just too enticing.  I've got to admit, he's the cutest little knight in shining armor I've ever seen.  And the ladybug?  OH. MY. GOODNESS.

Reading "Ladybug Girl," of course! :)


The first picture of the costume.  I had to snap it fast.  I figured he'd want it off as soon as he got the candy.  Was I ever surprised that he wore it until naptime!






No comments: