Monday, August 13, 2012

Roommate Family Day

Okay, this is from a few weeks ago, too.  One of these days, I will get caught up.  Or maybe not...

Anyway, my college roommates and I are pretty good about getting together frequently (every couple of months).  We just sit and talk (and eat) for HOURS.  It always goes by way too fast, but is so wonderful.

We didn't get our families all together last summer, so we definitely wanted to get it on the calendar this year.  And when I say get it on the calendar, I mean in about March.  Even then, some of these families have only a couple of free summer weekends left.  It blows my mind.  :)

We decided to get together at my parents' house this year, because there would be plenty of space for everyone, the huge pool for the kids, and the guys could play disc golf (nine goals - quite a set-up!).

The weather was perfect and the kids played SO WELL together.  They haven't spent tons of time together, which was perfect.  They weren't comfortable enough to bicker.  :)

I love these ladies (and their families) so much!  I'm thankful we live as close as we do (all within about an hour and twenty minutes), but I wish we lived in the same town again!

**Not pictured: Anna and me.  Sorry, Anna! :)

From left: Lisa, Emilie (five days older than Judson), my dad, Ella (just turned six), Judson, Campbell (in black - just turned four), my mom, and Morgan and Macy.

Elise and Greyson (12 months)

Macy and Cooper in the little pool

Cheryl, Lisa, Elise

Cooper and Macy enjoying the Willis' water table.

Greyson again


Paul (Andrewjeski) and Campbell (Willis)

Ha!  Love this one of Dan (Willis)!  :)

Emilie and Campbell

Ella and Judson



Playing "Ring Around the Rosie"





 Since Macy's birthday was in a few days, Anna made these gorgeous cupcakes for after dinner.  They tasted fabulous, too!







No comments: