Monday, November 21, 2011

Ten weeks old

Cooper had her two month appointment last Monday (the same day as Judson).  She weighed in at 12 pounds, 14.5 ounces and was 24 inches long.  She was at the 90th percentile or above in every category.  I wasn't surprised.  Actually, I was just pretty happy she was still in the twelve pound range (barely!).  Judson was the same length at two months...and three pounds heavier.  :)

Cooper is growing and changing so fast!  She's recently started being awake more during the day.  Part of that is because she's decided she'd rather not nap in her pack-n-play.  She generally sleeps much longer if she's in her swing.  I often turn it off and she just keeps sleeping.  I'm trying to not get so stressed about sleeping "issues" this time around, but it's hard!  I really want to teach her how to sleep before we have to resort to "crying it out."  I realize she's too young for that now...

I will say, however, that she's a pretty terrific sleeper at night.  (She had three A-MA-ZING nights in a row recently.  I won't tell you how long, in the interest of any sleep-deprived friends of newborns who may be reading.)  She doesn't go down until 11:00 or later most nights, so we're trying to work on that.

Cooper is really smiley now, and it's usually this open-mouthed, tongue-out sort of smile.  She's starting to coo/gurgle when she does it, and I can't get enough of it.  Judson loves it when she smiles at him.  :)

I really don't have time to be doing this today, so I'll add a few pictures and be done.  That's what people want to see anyway, right?!
One month old (I wish I'd thought to take one when she was a newborn)

Two months old
This isn't really a cute picture, but it documents a few things: the Beaver cheerleader outfit and silly boots, first time in the Bumbo-like seat, and the chubby cheeks and multiple chins that have completely hidden her neck.  :)

Such a happy girl!
Before you report me for putting a blanket (!!) on her, let me explain.  I'd put her in there with Judson after his nap so he could hold her.  Then he wanted to share his "cozies" with her so we bundled her up and I took him out to change his diaper.  I looked over about a minute later and she was sound asleep.  She slept like that for over three hours (and I checked on her a lot).  I think she liked being so cozy...

No comments: