Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Colorado in October

Warning: This post contains an obscene amount of pictures. I am including them because I know there are certain family members who will love to see the documentation of our time with Fleeta. Continue at your own discretion. :)

My mom, dad, Nate, Judson, and I flew to Colorado Springs in early October. We then rented a pickup and drove to Fleeta's in Canon City. Nate and my dad stayed a week and the rest of us stayed an extra nine days.



He only had his binky for his ears' sake...well, that and the other passengers' sake

Judson apparently didn't like the recycled air on the planes because he got quite sick on our first full day there. Thankfully he was a trooper, because the following day we headed to Aspen to visit Roine and Jon. As I mentioned in a previous post, Roine loved meeting him, and we all had a very special time together.





Interestingly, it was a gorgeous fall day as we drove over Independence Pass (part of the continental divide) on our way to Aspen. The following day, as we headed back to Fleeta's, winter had come!


We spent lots of time just spending time together, helping Fleeta, playing games, and marveling at Judson's newfound walking skills. We watched a couple of Fleeta's grandson's JV soccer games, fed some goats, and took some fun walks.




Judson and me with Fleeta's grandkids after church (Emma, True, and Kate)

When we'd get home from an outing, we'd stop and play the organ in the garage. :)

Judson loved Fleeta's ramp and this fun little wagon her caregiver's daughter loaned us.

Yes, he ate all of that...and probably some more. He gained two pounds in October!



As you can see, he was VERY helpful, too. :)







My mom's twin brother, Jack, and his wife, Donna, came on the fifteenth so he and my mom (Jill) could celebrate their birthday together. Yes, they really are twins and they really are named Jack and Jill. :)

Enjoying their birthday in Fleeta's beautiful backyard.



The weather was GORGEOUS while we were there. It poured one day, but most others were in the seventies. We even had a few in the eighties. Of course I hadn't packed any shorts. It never occurred to me that I should. :)

We went on a walk along the Arkansas River. As you can see, the fall colors were beautiful.






This massive amount of dogs was a dream-come-true for Judson. He LOVED them...and their owners were very sweet to let him pet them for quite awhile.

Our time together went so quickly! We couldn't believe two and a half weeks could go that fast. On the last night we were there, we took a sunset walk on Tunnel Drive. Gorgeous!





Look what we happened upon in the middle of the trail. Yes, a tarantula. I was really intrigued. I've definitely never seen one in the wild before!

For size comparison...

There was a beautiful, almost-full moon as we got back to the van.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me relive our wonderful Colorado time. I especially love the little helper pictures. What a guy!
Mom