Friday, July 23, 2010

Memorial Park

I've failed to blog about a number of fun things we've done lately, including a very fun all-day gathering with The Roommates and their families and a great day at the river (Willamette) with the Arnolds and Brownlees. For some cute pictures of Judson and a couple of his girlfriends, you can read about it on Hannah's blog here.

Today Judson and I met Jess and her boys and one daycare kiddo in Wilsonville (as close to meeting in the middle as we could get). I'd looked online and found Memorial Park so we decided to check it out. We were not disappointed! The sun wasn't out at first, but eventually it made an appearance and the kiddos played happily in the water. Before that, however, they had lots of fun playing on some unique equipment. At least I haven't seen it in other parks I've been to. I didn't get pictures of most of it, but there was a huge jungle gym made of ropes, an interesting teeter-totter and merry-go-round, and some short climbing walls. There was even a fun sandy area that water flowed into. You can see it behind Judson in the swing picture. I didn't dare put Judson in there because he'd just try to eat the sand. He'll love it someday though.

A big slide set into a "hill" of rubber. Notice some of the bigger kids came equipped with cardboard...

Five month old Max is SO sweet!


Ready for the water!

The start of the little man-made river, which actually flows quite swiftly...





Despite the face, Judson LOVED the water... =)

I moved him to this fountain and he happily sat and played for at least twenty minutes. He would've stayed longer if I'd let him.

Such fun! There were actually a lot of kids there, but it's such a big place that they can really spread out.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have my sad face on for missing all the fun. :( I had an observation day today at a clinic though. Please pray for a job offer!