Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another milestone...

It seems like nearly every day Judson is reaching a new milestone. He's getting to be such a big boy these days! Okay, okay, so he's been a BIG boy his whole life, but developmentally he's starting to seem so "big." =)

Last night, just ten days before his half-birthday, we fed Judson his first rice cereal. He's been ready for weeks - watching intently as we eat or drink anything, smacking his lips together, and so on. However, his mama has not been ready for that long. But recently his nighttime sleeping has not been nearly as good as it was a month ago, so I reluctantly decided the time for solids has come. (I was planning to wait for the six month mark, so we practically made it anyway.)

After a big day at the zoo and very little napping yesterday, I was questioning the wisdom of feeding him last night. Grandma Becky was here, though, and really wanted to be involved. I didn't need to worry. Judson LOVED it! He just kept grabbing my hand and/or the spoon and shoving it in his mouth. He swallowed very little, but that was to be expected. At the very end he did get frustrated because he was hungry and wasn't really getting anything in his belly, but all in all, it was a VERY successful first experience. We're hoping he takes after his daddy, who will eat anything set in front of him! (I was super picky until I went off to college, so, though I deserve to have a child like myself, I'd rather not...) =)

Ready and waiting (ignore the unfinished wall behind him...)






No comments: