Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year!

I doubt many people check in here anymore.  Sad.  I am hoping to get back in the habit of posting about our life, but know it will probably be sporadic for awhile. (Though Porter is FAR from walking - still doesn't like to put any weight on his legs - he is a speedy scooter and thus I spend my days making sure he's not going to destroy anything or choke on any number of random toys and things he can find on the floor AT. ALL. TIMES.  Ugh!  When he's asleep, I desperately try to get the kitchen cleaned up and laundry washed (notice I didn't say "put away" ;).

This fall was CRAZY, complete with Nate's mom living with us in our fairly small house (on a bed crammed in the play room) for almost nine weeks while she received daily radiation treatments (34 in all; they didn't start right away due to some complications).  It was challenging for many reasons and on many levels, but we all survived and I even came away saying it was a good experience.  We got to know Darla far better than we ever would have otherwise.

On top of that, you probably know that Porter had three febrile (fever-related) seizures in October and November.  While they are the "good" kind to have, they are completely terrifying.  He's had a few low fevers due to sickness in the past month and hasn't any seizures, and I'm so thankful for that!

The very hardest part of the fall (and year) was the unexpected and sudden death of our very close friends' baby.  Matt and Jules have demonstrated such strength and faith in the Lord during this heartbreaking time.  I know many of you have prayed for them.  Please continue to do so.  They are so thankful for all the prayers.

Okay.  My break's over for now.  First hair cut pictures coming soon...maybe even tonight!


No comments: