Monday, September 30, 2013

Macy's third birthday party

Macy's birthday party was the day after we went to Burch Lake.  I don't have many good pictures from that day, but I do have a good (SAD) excuse.  First, Cooper slipped between the top two rungs on Macy's new play structure.  Before falling to the ground, she whacked her chin on a rung and bit deeply into her lower lip.  It bled like crazy, and I felt horrible.  She'd been doing so well climbing up, but was wet from the swimming pool that particular time.  :(  Then, not even an hour later, she fell off Morgan and Anna's brand new deck.  It wasn't a huge fall, but she was exhausted from not having a nap the day before and she'd already had a serious crash that day.    I felt like the worst mom ever.

Other than that, the party was great!  Anna and Morgan (and my parents) had all gone to a lot of work to get the deck and play structure done, as well as food and whatnot.






After the party, some of us moved over to my parents' yard and pool (including the Nelsons and Anna's sister's family).



At the end of the day, I attempted to get a good picture of both kids to use for our birthday invitations.  I wasn't successful, but will include a few here since Cooper wasn't in any of the actual party pictures.








No comments: