Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snow much fun!

I rarely pay attention to the weather forecast.  I'd heard talk of snow this week, and it snowed off and on Monday, but never stuck.  It was snowing last night before we went to bed, and I noticed that it was snowing every time Cooper got me up (yes, still multiple times a night...I've given up all hope of it getting better any time soon).  So, I figured there would be some on the ground this morning, but was not prepared for what I found.

We spent two and a half hours outside (Cooper napped twice during that time) and had a blast.  The sun was so warm that it was the best of both worlds - outside time in the sun, with the added fun of snow.  It was fun to have snow crashing off the branches around us, but there was so much that it didn't melt off the ground very quickly.



Five inches in the yard!  I was glad I measured.  I didn't think it was quite that much.
 


It was so bright that Judson finally agreed to wear his sunglasses.  He didn't want to come with me to the house to get them, though.  Since he was toward the back of our property, I left him there...

He was heavily into throwing "snowballs" this time around.  (We went to Eagle Crest last weekend and Forrest taught him how.)  He wouldn't even let me make a snowman.  We just had to keep throwing snow.

Happy girl up from her nap


Lots of this occurred too





He wouldn't let her ride there, but did allow a photo op.  I about had a heart attack getting them back to the house - holding her with one arm and pulling him with the other.  Sheesh!  After this picture (or series of pictures, as the case may be), I asked Judson to take his glasses off so I could see his eyes.  He said, "Ack-shee (actually), they're goggles."  :)


First time in the swing!  (It just recently became accessible again.  It had been buried by  stuff that needed to move back into our garage.  Judson has spent lots of time swinging, and the snow was the only reason Cooper got a turn today.)



Putting his excavator and dump truck to good  use.  He filled them up and then transferred the snow to his ride-on tractor's bucket.  Then we went back to throwing snow...

1 comment:

JuliAnn said...

I was just looking back at these pictures again and remembered how much I LOVE the ones of Cooper in the sled! She's just the cutest little snow bunny!!! I also think she's looking more and more like Judson (and a little bit like Macy too =)!