Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Weeks Old

I cannot believe our girl is already five weeks old!  Time is going by way too fast!  I'm doing my best to enjoy every second and not dwell on the state of my house.  At least for once I have a valid excuse for it to be such a mess.  :)  (Though, at the moment it looks better than it has in weeks, because I worked really hard - and fast!- while both kiddos napped today.)

Here's a little bit about our month-old babe:
  • She still sleeps almost all the time.
  • She nurses like a champ, and she's really chunking up!  According to our scale, she weighs somewhere around ten and a half pounds.  She's not on any kind of eating schedule.  She will go hours upon hours without eating and then nurse frequently all evening.  
  • She is quite the spitter-upper.  Good thing I'm used to it.  :)
  • She's starting to have one longer (relatively...) period of sleep when we first go to bed.  The other night it was six hours, but mostly it's three to four.  Generally we go to bed sometime after 11:00, get up once in the night, and then once in the early morning (before I really want to be up for the day...).
  • She's really alert and cuddly.  We hope it lasts.
  • She smiled intentionally for the first time last night.  THE. BEST.
I think that's about it.  We are so in love with this sweet baby, and we're thankful God has entrusted her to us.

Smiling in her sleep

Performing what Nate refers to as the "Super Coop."  Look at that strong neck!

Playing "Follow the Leader."  :)

No comments: