Friday, March 11, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I've had a few people lately ask me how I feel about being home with Judson full time.  I am happy to report that I absolutely LOVE it.  It's what I've always ultimately wanted to do.  And just when I think it's not possible, Judson becomes even more fun than he already was.  A few of my favorite things he's been doing lately include:
  • He's talking a ton.  He says, "Mon" for "come on" and a daily scenario goes like this:  One or both of the cats will be sitting at the door waiting to be let in.  He'll open it (all by himself), stand in the doorway, wave his arm, and say, "Mon!" really loudly.  More often than not, they're not brave enough to run by him and decide they didn't really want in that badly.
  • He loves to spot birds and calls them "boods" or "booeeds."  It makes driving a lot of fun, especially since Salem is inundated with Canada geese every winter.  He says "geese" instead when he hears them honking and he can say "hawk" too.
  • He says "thank you" ALL THE TIME and often without being asked.  Yesterday we were collecting pine cones outside and he said "thank you" almost every time I handed him one.  It sounds sort of like"dankoo" and it's seriously precious.
  • Finally,  he did another thing yesterday that blew me away.  Over a month ago, while waiting an obscenely long time to pick up a prescription at Walgreens, I showed him a TV that was connected to a surveillance camera.  We entertained ourselves by waving at the TV.  I'd long forgotten all about it.  Not Judson.  Yesterday at Wal-Mart, he spotted a TV way up high and started waving.  Different store a month later, but he wasn't fooled.  :)
I could go on forever, but I won't.  Partly because I started this post a couple of days ago and partly because I really ought to be productive during nap time.  Speaking of which, I'm including a couple of pictures from January.  These are one of two sets of "sleeping" pictures that I have.  I never wanted to risk waking him up, but this particular day I needed to wake him up.  Of course the flashing camera didn't phase him.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ramey. Had coffee with your mom yesterday. She showed us a darling picture of Judson. He is so precious. And of course she shared your good news about Judson becoming a 'big brother'. Congratulations. I loved reading your blog and looking at all the great pictures. I will check in again from time to time. Hugs and smiles, Kay V