Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Birthday Outing

I had the flu for my birthday.  It was not fun, but I felt A LOT better than I had the day before and Grandma Becky graciously took the day off to take care of Judson.  So it could have been a lot worse.  Anyway, we didn't really celebrate until the following weekend.  Nate headed out bright and early on Saturday morning to get Starbucks and cinnamon rolls, which was a wonderful way to start the day!  We spent the day getting stuff done around here.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day, though that wasn't what had been forecast.  Since Sunday was supposed to be really nice too, we decided to head up to the zoo after church.  We've had our membership for ten months and used it a lot, but Nate still hadn't gone with us.

It was another beautiful day in Salem, but Portland was fairly cloudy.  The sun peeked out a few times, but it didn't rain, so that was ultimately all that mattered.  We had a terrific day!  We hadn't been for a few months and Judson LOVED all the animals.  He knows so many now, which made it very exciting for him.  Fish are a favorite, and they can be found in many of the different sections of the zoo.  We heard "sh" (his word for fish) over and over.  :)

Here are some pictures from our fun day.  (Super cute Nike boots and Columbia jacket courtesy of Aunt Anna and Uncle Morgan's trip to the employee stores...)

My guys are so cute!

Cougar cub


I know this is blurry, but I had to include it.  Judson doesn't pet animals; he kisses them.  :)

I got a really cute picture of Judson looking out from the petting zoo on Nate's phone and wanted to get one on our camera, too.  Just as I was taking it, he put his mouth on it.  Just building immunity, right?! :)




No comments: