Monday, February 8, 2010

Judson's First Snow

It snowed here one day last month...or was that December? Anyway, it snowed while I was giving Judson a bath and didn't stick. So I hardly count that as his first snow.

This weekend, Nate and I met my brother, Morgan, and his wife, Anna, in Bend for skiing and snowboarding. I hung out at the hotel with Judson while they went to Mt. Bachelor. It snowed on Saturday and stuck for awhile, but by the time I was ready to take Judson out in it, it was mostly just rain and I didn't want us to get soaked.

So, on the way home yesterday, we stopped at the headwaters of the Metolius River so I could feed Judson and we could take snow pictures. As you can tell, there wasn't much snow, but it sufficed for his first experience. The little sled is one that my Grammo had in Aspen and my parents brought home after she passed away last year. I don't know the story behind it...like how old it is, so I'll have to ask my mom again. Anyway, we knew our family members would love the pictures and we did have fun. We would've stopped at the top of the pass to get better snow pictures, but Morgan had the sled in his car and had to go back to Sisters to get gas. Oops!




No comments: