Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baby Moody's Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound this morning and it was a lot more exciting than I'd anticipated. We didn't find out the gender. There were a few people at my school who were speculating about me changing my mind and finding out, but they don't know me very well! =)

The diagnostic center was really nice. The technician was great, they made us a DVD, and they even include a 3-D ultrasound at 27 weeks for "free." (Baby has to fatten up a bit before the 3-D one...)

Baby measured 10 days ahead of schedule (Oct. 12), though chances are they won't change my due date. Due to the number of birthdays we know in the second half of October and early November, it's quite possible it'll be born on one of my family member's or friend's birthdays.

We're more excited than ever. Here's the video and slideshow they made us.

5 comments:

Amy said...

That is really cool. I don't think I have ever seen a video of an ultrasound before.

Hannah said...

Isn't it crazy that there is a full-on person in there? That baby seems pretty active... bet you're having fun feeling kicks and punches.

We really need to get together with you guys. Once again it has been way too long.

Joani said...

Can't wait to see the 3-D one. One more chance to see the gender incase you chicken out. Of couse, I think I know you well enough to know you won't chicken out and find out! We need to see you guys sometime soon. Let us know what works for you - although we're leaving on the 24th for AK so it might not be til July.

Kevin&Katrina Hunsaker said...

Wow! Your baby moved a lot more than mine. I am glad you were finally able to have one. Hope your summer is going great!

bug2330 said...

that is quite possibly one of the coolest things i've seen in a long time! it's so amazing to watch them in there. i'm so excited for you guys!

-allison