Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend






Nate and I didn't make it to Bandon until 4:30 on Thursday afternoon. We spent the morning painting the walls that would be behind the cabinets. We didn't have time to paint everything and I didn't really want to choose a color until I could see what the cabinets and countertops looked like.

We had a nice evening with my family and then Nate, my dad, and Joe (the cabinet shop owner) headed to Salem at 5:00am on Friday. The guys worked hard all weekend, except during the Civil War. (What a disappointment!) Forrest and Paul also helped.

My mom rode up with me this afternoon. Our kitchen looks AMAZING, though FAR from done. I have so much space!! Here are some pictures. The wood is hickory, so the color varies a lot. Our counters still have to be sanded, along with about a million other projects. It's super exciting, though. My mom wanted me to include a picture of how the rest of our house is looking...Am I getting any sympathy?!

No comments: