Monday, April 21, 2014

Cooper at two and a half

Our sweet middle child (!!) is two and a half and I cannot believe how quickly she's become a big kid.  It seems like it's happened overnight, but I haven't had much of a concept of time these past 12 weeks.  :)

I wish I could freeze time right now.  Since I can't, here are some things I don't want to forget about Cooper at two and a half:

*Our most exciting news is that she's been potty-trained for eight(ish) weeks, largely on her own.  Potty-training while taking care of a newborn definitely wasn't my idea.  :)  Honestly, though, it wasn't that big of a deal.  She was ready and that was that.  She always tells me when she needs to go, which makes it so nice.  (Judson was finally potty-trained just over a year ago and he would NEVER tell me when he had to go.  It didn't matter if it had been six hours; he'd still fight it when I told him it was time to go.)  She's frequently saying things like, "I a big girl.  I go pee-pee on potty."  :)

*She still LOVES her binky and would only take it out to eat if I'd let her.

*She's still in a crib (just until my dad finishes building bunk beds) and she can't climb in or out.  :)  Update since I began this post:  The other day she tried to get out, but would get to the point where she was completely straddling the top rail and every time she'd go back into her crib.  The following day I put her in her crib because she was throwing a huge fit and she was so mad, she scrambled right out.  That was the only time it's happened, however.

*Not new news, but she's a talker!  She was speaking in complete sentences long before she was two and, of course, her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds.  She has a couple of sayings that I love.  If she doesn't like something, she says, "That not my fave-it."  She asks a lot of questions like this: "I have a snack.  Sure or no?" and "I can wear my kitty shirt or no?"  So cute!

*She can say her 'l' sound really well.  She also uses 'l' instead of the 'r' sound.  So she says 'light' instead of  'right.'

*She loves accessories and shoes and getting herself dressed, though she still hasn't mastered shirts.  I'm just as glad; I can only imagine how many outfits we'd go through if she could do it all herself!  She thinks clothes don't match unless they're all the same color.  *sigh*

*While she does love clothes, she definitely loves her pajamas even more.  She's still insisting on wearing jammies for every nap and she usually wants to stay in them all evening.  Anytime she gets sad, she asks to have her jammies on (I don't let her).  She also insists on wearing a diaper whenever she's in jammies.  She still uses the potty, however.  Weirdo.  :)

*She's very sensitive to others' feelings.  When Judson is injured or sad about something, she quickly gathers up his cozies, or sometimes her own, to bring to him.  "Here go, Dudson."  :)

*My kids never miss out on their gummy vitamins, because it is the first thing Cooper mentions most mornings.  "It gummy time?"

*She is uninterested in learning the alphabet or counting.  Or maybe I should say she's uninterested in showing us what she's learned.  I recently tricked her into counting to ten, so I know she can do that, but mostly she just says, "No," when asked about letters and numbers.

*She's all about Daddy right now.  She usually calls for him in the mornings (though me in the middle of the night :), and she gets a little sad when she realizes it a work day for him.

*She loves her baby, Rosa, and her kitchen.  She's frequently finding things in my kitchen and asking to put them in her own.

*She's often pretending.  One of my favorites from awhile ago went on for a week or so.  She'd tell us that she had alpacas in her hands.  They'd frequently get loose in our car.  :)

I could go on and on, but this would never get posted.  (As it is, I wrote most of it three weeks ago...)

What a blessing Cooper is!  We are so thankful that God has entrusted this sweet girl to us!

This was taken a year ago.  Look how grown up she is now!





No comments: