Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Picking Strawberries

Judson and I met JuliAnn and Madi to pick raspberries this morning (that post will be coming soon!), and Jules brought me a CD of her pictures from our strawberry-picking adventure.  Since it was a couple of weeks ago and I already mentioned it, I won't say much about it.  It was indeed an adventure, as we were 30 weeks and 35 weeks pregnant and we brought with us two plant-trampling toddlers who kept pulling up the marking flags every time we weren't looking.  (Though, honestly, the flag system didn't really make any sense anyway...)

Judson got dirtier than I had anticipated, which wouldn't have bugged me, except that he wasn't in old clothes.  I spent the afternoon stain-fighting, and I'm happy to report they look almost as good as new.

**Though Judson seemed so filthy to me that day, as I looked through these pictures, I realized he really wasn't that dirty, especially in light of today's adventure.  God is gently teaching me that he is ALL BOY and I'm just going to have to accept the mud that comes with the gift of this child.**

This is one of the few pictures I took before my camera stopped working.  It's JuliAnn's unattended bucket.  Can you tell which FIVE berries Judson added?!  :)

 

 
 
 
  


A bouquet of flags.  At first we wouldn't let them touch the flags at all, and then we decided we'd let them each carry one, and we'd just put them back when we were done.  Clearly that plan didn't work!









Stay tuned for our raspberry-picking adventure.  I promise it won't disappoint!



No comments: