Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Craftiness

In the fall, I happened across a craft blog that had an idea I loved and thought I could actually pull off.  It was a set of six different picture frames, all painted black, each with a letter of a different font on different, autumn-inspired scrapbooking paper.  They spelled "AUTUMN."  I never bookmarked the blog and since it was linked from a couponing e-mail I got, I couldn't ever find it again.  It was an easy concept, however, and I decided to make some sets for Christmas projects.  Eventually I found the blog again after I'd already started my "WINTER" frames.  By then, the blogger had also created winter frames and I actually liked mine better (I think the silver frames are more wintery than black).  I gave a lot of sets as Christmas gifts and they seemed to be well-received.  I figured "Winter" would be a good decoration for January and February, since winter's only just begun when Christmas is over.


And if you are interested in seeing where my inspiration came from, click here.  If you scroll down, you can see her winter ones too.  (I used my Cricut to cut the letters and it was really easy.  The hard part was getting the cartridge that had a lot of different fonts, but that's too long of a story to go into.  It involves a bad Ebay transaction and me eventually ending up with TWO cartridges...)  It really was an easy project, though of course it took much longer than I'd anticipated.  :)

No comments: