Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We finally have our Christmas tree

Of course we weren't able to get our Christmas tree on the sunny weekend. So on Sunday we donned rain gear, coerced Nate's brothers and their wives to join us, and we headed to a Christmas tree farm JuliAnn told me about. One reason I wanted to go out there, besides cheap(ish) trees was because they serve hot cider and cookies and there's even a Santa. You know, ambiance. I thought just maybe we'd get a cute Santa picture. Yeah, right. (See previous post.)

Judson was absolutely hysterical, which is not like him. I attribute it to a couple of factors. First of all, he'd been left in the nursery at church in the morning and was not happy about it. He hadn't been in there without us for a few weeks. Furthermore, I'd had to wake him up from his nap so we could go to the tree farm. I don't think either of those things helped the Santa cause. Anyway, we never even tried to put Judson on his lap. It was really something. After that, Judson wouldn't go to anyone but me and he screamed until I took him out of the cozy little building with cider and cookies. Yes, he was happy to stand in the rain, because then he couldn't see Santa. :)

Anyway, we got a ride (see pictures) out to the noble firs and Nate picked our tree. We were pretty wet by the time we were done. All in all, though, we had fun and definitely made some memories. We don't spend nearly enough time with Nate's brothers and their wives!

We don't have great pictures. We only had our big camera, which we didn't want to get wet. Plus I carried Judson the whole time and Nate was busy with our tree...

The group: us, Paul, Kristy, Bridgett, and Phil, without a raincoat :)

You can't tell how loudly he was screaming right here...

The only "sleigh" shot of Kristy (behind me)

Phil, Bridgett, and Paul

In front of our tree

No comments: